Director of Developer Marketing - US
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
We are looking for a creative and metrics-driven Director of Developer Marketing to lead our bottom-up go-to-market strategy and to create awareness for Camunda amongst software developers globally. You’ll help identify the needs of developers and process automation practitioners, build campaigns and messaging that resonate with these audiences, and execute marketing activities that drive measurable awareness and adoption of Camunda Process Automation products. This role is an integral function of our demand generation team and highly cross-functional, requiring close collaboration across the marketing team, developer relations, product, engineering, consulting and sales.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the US - East Coast
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead marketing initiatives that drive awareness, acquisition and adoption of Camunda process automation products by developers around the world
- Design and execute campaigns, generate authentic messaging and create developer-facing initiatives
- Align with digital marketing, demand generation and events teams to execute high-impact cross-channel campaigns and programs
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how our key audiences – developers, architects, process automation professionals – grow from open source awareness and adoption to enterprise customers
- Partner with web and operations teams to manage developer oriented web properties and CRM systems
- Develop a detailed understanding and reporting of the developer’s bottom-up adoption journey and funnel progression behavior across digital properties and programs
- Align closely with our Developer Relations team on developer profiles, messaging, programs and events
- Build and lead the developer marketing function
What you’ll bring along:
- 7-10 years of related developer and technical marketing experience with a focus on developer tools, cloud infrastructure, and/or open source technologies.
- Bachelors or Masters degree required (Technical degree or experience as a software developer and active participation in technical user communities is a plus)
- Experience in growth-stage companies with high velocity SaaS, open source, or freemium business models
- A proven track record of launching successful, large scale developer marketing programs
- A genuine passion for relating to developers and technical audiences, and making complex concepts easy to understand and actionable for users of all levels.
- Sophisticated understanding of how to connect with developers without “marketing” to them in ways that are perceived as commercial
- Outstanding marketing skills, including online marketing and demand generation strategies, creative storytelling abilities, CRM systems, funnel modeling and reporting
- Experience building and leading a high-impact technical marketing team
- Experience working in international, remotely distributed teams and marketing across multiple geographies
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.