Sales Engineer - North America
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Sales Engineer is a highly visible expert in the pre-sales process, they are responsible for demonstrating to prospective customers how Camunda's solutions will address their business needs. This includes ownership of the technical part of the sales process by defining requirements, handling demonstrations, and overcoming technical objections. You will work with our Sales managers and the pre-sales teams in order to build a strong strategy to win a customer.
For this role, you should be passionate about software technologies, and though not an expert in coding you will find yourself in front of a computer creating snippets and experimenting with new frameworks, so coding experience, preferably in Java, is a must.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere within North America.
What you’ll be doing:
- Map customer requirements to our Camunda product stack
- Develop individual Camunda evaluation plans for our prospects
- Conduct product demos and product-related Q&A sessions
- Take charge of the Camunda team to complete RFI / RFP documents
- Team up with Sales Managers to discuss the status and development of accounts
- Organize presales engagements (schedule & assign experts, coordinate with Sales)
- Create and maintain Presale's content and technical artifacts
What you’ll bring along:
- Technology and software engineering are your passions. You are comfortable coding, with knowledge of current software engineering technologies as well as common IT architectures.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g., Information Systems, Business Informatics, Computer Science).
- Experience in an Enterprise Technical Pre-Sales role or a comparable client-facing role. It is easy for you to map business requirements to a technical solution and to come up with a plan for how to achieve this.
- It is easy for you to communicate complex issues and products in a clear and concise manner.
- You are an organizational talent - you like to put plans into practice in a structured and efficient way
- You are a team player who is creative and enjoys working at a fast pace in a fast-growing company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Central/Mountain US time zone location would be ideal.
- Experience with BPM/BPMN/RPA/orchestration/(middleware) is a strong plus.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.