Senior Compliance Counsel - Europe or US
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open-source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Team / Department description:
We are currently looking for a Senior Compliance Counsel, who will be responsible for driving compliance matters across multiple regions (DACH / EMEA / US / UK or APAC). The Senior Compliance Counsel will bring Camunda’s internal compliance requirements and efforts into an integrated compliance program that will span areas such as data protection, IT security, contractual compliance and risk-management, export, business partner management, IP licensing (OSS), human rights, and other (regulatory) matters.
The successful candidate will be a senior resource to not only drive policy creation and adherence, but based on their expertise and judgment, she/he will serve as a trusted advisor (and potentially manager) to other members of the legal department and the business as Camunda continues to grow and to offer its products and services globally. This role will combine a significant operational and project management emphasis with strong expertise in the regional and business compliance environments in which Camunda operates. The Senior Compliance Counsel will report directly to the Director of Legal and Compliance.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA or preferably in the US East Coast.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, maintain and run a compliance and enterprise risk program ensuring it is appropriately aligned to Camunda´s business model
- Review, develop, implement and manage company-wide policies
- Monitor and ensure compliance with regulatory & statutory requirements and governance best practice, in areas impacting Camunda’s compliance program, flagging risks as they arise and proactively providing guidance, advice, and solutions in a pragmatic and appropriate manner
- Implement and maintain periodic internal reporting mechanisms and advise (executive) management regarding legal risk and compliance matters that are applicable to Camunda
- Ensure day to day compliance with operational activities and serve as the subject matter expert at the company on matters covered by Camunda’s compliance program
- Support Camunda with due diligence
- Own and manage current and future compliance certification activities where needed;
- Support building best in class compliance technology
- Respond to and lead all outbound risk assessments and questionnaires involving topics such as security, data protection, and other compliance matters
- Develop and implement company-wide training and awareness programs regarding various compliance matters that fit Camunda´s unique structure and cultures
What you’ll bring along:
- 5+ years experience as a (senior) compliance Counsel or manager with experience working for a start-up or scale-up in the software industry
- Proven experience with EU, US, and UK compliance regulations and matters
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with demonstrated ability to manage details as well as the big picture
- Analyze complex problems, think creatively, communicate recommendations, influence change, and be able to drive process and structure into an extremely dynamic and global environment
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with the desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels of the organization
- A degree in law, with a relevant Master's degree
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.