Global Payroll Manager
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
This role will be part of Camunda’s Accounting Function, reporting to our Head of Accounting. The Accounting team provides timely and accurate financial statements, pays bills, salaries and expenses, promptly collects cash, and maintains accounting controls and tax compliance.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere, ideally US East Coast or Europe.
What you’ll do:
- Process payroll for our US-based employees, handle related administrative tasks such as setting up new US state registrations, unemployment claims etc.
- Collaborate with international external payroll providers to run payroll
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay
- Review and approve expense reports in our expense management systems Spendesk and Expensify
- Assist with monthly and year-end accounting process; prepare internal and external payroll reporting requests as needed
- Develop and document payroll procedures designed to streamline the process and scale with the organization
- Participate in payroll system selection, implementation and optimization
What you’ll bring along:
- 6+ years of hands-on international payroll processing and compliance experience with focus on US
- Experience overseeing payroll in a fast-growing, int’l tech company
- German language proficiency is an advantage
- Detail-orientation, punctuality, organizational & communication skills
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.