Senior Legal Counsel
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open-source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Team / Department description:
We are currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel / Volljurist, who will have the opportunity to drive negotiations for our SaaS and on-premises software solutions with various enterprise customers and global partners covering multiple regions. The person in this role will directly impact Camunda’s rapid growth trajectory and will thus help shape the exploding automation enterprise software industry.
The successful candidate will be a senior resource to not only partner with Sales to close deals but based on their expertise and judgment, she/he will serve as a trusted advisor to other members of the legal team and the business. The Senior Legal Counsel / Volljurist will report directly to the Head of the Legal Department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, negotiate and conclude Saas and on-premises software licensing agreements and other legal contracts with our customers and partners worldwide
- Drive deal negotiations towards close, applying solution-oriented, tactical thinking while navigating internal approval workflows at both the prospect and Camunda
- Understand Camunda’s products, services, and business in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation, and negotiation strategies
- Diligently ensure compliance and independently prioritize, organize, and manage legal projects, as well as day-to-day legal matters in various fields
- Actively monitor relevant legal and regulatory developments
What you’ll bring along:
- 3+ years experience as a Legal Counsel with substantive experience working in the software industry, ideally for a start-up or scale-up
- Both state exams with above-average results
- Proven experience with international (cross-border) negotiations
- Ideally, experiences negotiating open-source software licensing agreements
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with demonstrated ability to manage details as well as the big picture
- Ability to make risk-appropriate as well as business-oriented decisions
- Strong written/oral communication and negotiation skills required
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!"
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.