Director Product Design - EMEA / US
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
As the Director Product Design you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and adoption of Camunda's process automation capabilities.
In order to be successful in this role, you will establish a design vision for the Camunda product portfolio, spearhead the delivery of a cross-product design system, and apply design best practices into the software development life cycle. To accomplish the above, you should value collaboration and demonstrate leadership skills that emphasize an iterative approach to delivering value. You are a team player and are happy to seek and give constructive feedback. And you look forward to working with a diverse, globally-distributed team at Camunda. This role reports to the CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Camunda's customers, partners and open source community to deliver the best product experience
- Provide a Design vision for a unified Camunda user experience
- Establish a Camunda cross-product design system
- Manage a design team focused on the Camunda portfolio
- Evangelize the value of UX Design and establish critical best practices within Camunda
- Improve the flow of information and collaboration between the Design team and its key stakeholders - including Product Management, Engineering and Marketing to deliver on the above
What you’ll bring along:
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Ability to define and execute a Design vision for enterprise software
- Proven track record of working in complex, technical domains, ideally product targeted at software developers
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe)
- Ideally: experience working for enterprise software companies
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.