Head of Developer Advocacy - US
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Now we are looking for a Head of Developer Advocacy to join our team and support us by guiding and mentoring our awesome team of Developer Advocates, helping them to continue raising awareness about Camunda products and resources and creating content that will benefit our community.
This is a remote role and can be located anywhere around the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying the current gaps in developer awareness and enablement for Camunda products and creating a prioritized strategy for closing those gaps.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Technical Support teams to drive awareness of Camunda products and enable our developer audience.
- Prioritizing developer awareness- and enablement-related tasks according to urgency and importance and delegating to the responsible teams.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of Developer Advocates to do their best work.
What you’ll bring along:
- 2+ years of experience in managing a successful Developer Advocacy team or equivalent experience.
- Has a passion and proven record for enabling developers (internally as well as externally) with measurable results.
- Coding experience (either hobby or professionally) in order to be able to look at the product from a developer’s perspective.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a variety of leadership levels throughout the organization to accomplish a singular goal.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of cross-team collaboration, communication, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working autonomously and asynchronously across a variety of timezones.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/