Accountant - DACH
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world.
Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA.
What you’ll be doing:
The accounting team at Camunda consists of four people and contributes to Camunda's success by accurately recording all business transactions and preparing financial statements and evaluations for important management decisions. As an experienced accountant you will take over the general ledger accounting for our German parent company and actively participate in the further development of our accounting processes.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- You manage the general ledger accounting s for the German legal entity and perform monthly closing tasks
- You prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with German GAAP (HGB) and international accounting standards (IFRS) and participate in the financials review
- You prepare the Balance Sheet account reconciliations and provide commentaries for material flux
- You prepare the VAT tax returns for the Germany legal entity
- You work closely with the external auditors
- You actively work on projects to optimize our internal processes
What you’ll bring along:
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial accounting, ideally in an international environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including German GAAP (HGB) and International Accounting Standards (IFRS)
- Thorough knowledge of ERP system, MS-Office and G Suite applications
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Hands-on experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Fluent in both English and German (spoken and written)
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.