Working student – Business Systems Engineering
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in Germany.
What You'll Do:
As a working student in our internal applications team you'll be involved in defining, designing and implementing the applications that support Camundas entire field operations organization in their daily work. You would gain hands-on coding experience while having an active impact on the development of our business systems. This is what you'll get to work on:
- Implement (including meaningful tests and code review) new features in Camunda’s back-end systems based on Field Operations feedback using technologies like Java, Java Script, Spring, Java EE, SQL, Jenkins, Docker, Maven etc.
- You're responsible for the maintenance and development of key internal Camunda applications:
- Evaluation Manager
- Partner Manager
- HaPDFy (create welcome files)
- Metabase loader
- Password Manager
- Consulting Showroom
- Consulting Delivery Process
- Customer Portal
- Export Process
- Integrate internal Camunda applications with Salesforce, JIRA and LDAP
- Support questions from our field operations department and issues via a dedicated slack channel which are related to internal Camunda applications
What You'll Bring Along:
- You are currently studying computer science, business informatics, or a similar course
- You'll have 10-15 hours per week to support us for a minimum of 6 months
- Experience implementing applications using Java, Maven, Java Script and SQL
- You are passionate about writing clean and maintainable Java code
- You're interested in software development and you care how to deploy and operate software
- You are curious and always willing to broaden your horizon
- You value simplicity over complexity
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with outstanding Glassdoor rating and CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.