Engineering Manager - EMEA
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
About the team:
Camunda Platform 8 orchestrates complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts alongside DMN decision tables that promote speed, scale, and decision logic.
The Zeebe Process Automation team develops the open source workflow engine at the heart of our platform, which orchestrates the mission-critical processes of our customers.
Now we are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and support us by guiding and mentoring our excellent Java Developers team, helping them continue to evolve and improve our process automation platform. As an Engineering Manager, your goal is to help the team contribute to the company's success, grow depending on the requirements, and enable frictionless collaboration between different teams and stakeholders.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA.
What you’ll be doing:
- People Management - For a team of 4 highly motivated Java developers
- Business Impact - Working towards ambitious goals, having a direct impact on the success of the company
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously while taking full responsibility
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working, ensuring that everyone can focus on the right topics
- Stakeholder Collaboration - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
What you’ll bring along:
- 3+ years experience with direct people management in technical teams
- Experience in software engineering
- Passionate about people and results and not just technical excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Appreciation for open source
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.
#LI-NC1 #Li-Remote #EMEAApply