Junior Frontend Engineer, Optimize Team - EMEA
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open-source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda.
Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, the United States, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Do you strive towards writing clean and maintainable code? Do you value collaboration, feedback, and taking on challenging tasks? Then come and work with us as an Associate Frontend Engineer in the Camunda Optimize team, which is in charge of driving the business process monitoring and intelligence functionalities within the Camunda Stack.
At the Camunda Optimize Team:
- We build the Business Intelligence component of the Camunda Stack - we do this with highly specialized visualizations such as BPMN Heatmaps that leave our customers in awe
- We use modern frontend technologies such as React as well as our in-house built open source BPMN library bpmn-js
- We are a fully cross-functional autonomous team - from Product Manager to Product Designer as well as Frontend/Backend/QA Engineers we have them all - more importantly we work closely together pulling on the same string
- We care about quality: Both for our product as well as for our code. That’s why we invest in regular code reviews as well as good test coverage
- We don’t estimate - it’s done when it’s done! We rather commit to an ambitious set of business relevant Objectives and Key Results we feel comfortable with, making incremental progress and delivering regular releases
What You'll Do:
- Extend and improve our End-to-End Process Automation Monitoring and Business Intelligence component Camunda Optimize
- Design and implement new user-facing features based on customer and community feedback
- Help us continue improving the UX of our product in close collaboration with our Product Manager and Product Designer
- Continuously share your knowledge with your teammates
- Engage in regular code review sessions
- Make sure our code stays maintainable and extensible by writing unit- and end-to-end tests for features you build
- React based Single Page Application - built using a Create React App Toolchain
- Node.js for scripting the local development environment & End-to-End-Test setup
- Jest and Enzyme for Unit-testing
- Testcafe and browserstack for End-To-End testing
- SASS for styling
- Java-Backend exposing a REST API
What You'll Bring Along:
- High ambition to learn and grow fast while getting the resources provided to do so - a mentor within the team
- Will to work closely within a cross-functional team consisting of a Product Manager, Product Designer and several Engineers
- Passion about writing clean and maintainable code, preferring simplicity over complexity
- Curiosity and always willing to broaden your horizon
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with attention to detail and consistency
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Regular Innovation Weeks and Hack Days where the team focuses on trying new technologies and approaches.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.