Global Sr Director FP&A - remote
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
About the team:
As Sr. Director, FP&A you will lead Camunda’s FP&A function, reporting to Camunda’s CFO and partnering with leaders across the company. In this role you will apply SaaS finance expertise to help Camunda achieve financial success from our market-leading process orchestration platform. You will develop and implement our financial planning/budgeting, forecasting, analytics and business partnering while also providing hands-on leadership in scaling the FP&A team, process and systems to support our growth.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA/UK or US (EST time zone)
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and own a user-friendly annual planning process, including policies, process, timelines, cadence, tools, and communication and ensuring alignment between cross-functional departments and FP&A
- Develop and improve the quarterly forecasting and long-range planning process to achieve continuously improving accuracy and strategic alignment
- Oversee monthly and quarterly financial reporting, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy, as well as highlighting key business insights
- Manage and develop the FP&A team to facilitate great team culture and high performance
- Assess FP&A tools and oversee the implementation of any we decide to implement
- Structure and shape business partnering to help Camunda functions gain visibility of their financial performance and help them achieve their financial goals
- Drive relevant market and competitor research, distilling key trends and insights
- Continually and systematically improve FP&A and cross-functional processes
- Support Fundraising and due diligence activities as needed
What you’ll bring along:
- 10+ years of FP&A experience with 4+ years management experience, in roles of increasing responsibility at high-growth and high-performing SaaS organization(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field, MBA preferred - or related significant experience
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor in resolving complex business problems with well-structured, detail-oriented analytics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, large/small groups and one-on-one
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across a breadth of stakeholders
- A culture focused team player who is collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible - excited to roll up their sleeves
- Demonstrated technical ability with using tools and systems to automate and scale FP&A tasks (Netsuite knowledge a plus)
- IFRS accounting standard knowledge highly preferred
- Experience working in a remote-first organization a plus
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.