Director, Total Rewards - remote
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
In this newly created role, the Director of Total Rewards will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business plans, and allows Camunda to attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and analyze Camunda’s total rewards (compensation, benefits, equity, perks, recognition) practices globally and in relation to local markets; propose improvements to remain competitive
- Oversee our benefits programs.
- Maintain expertise in industry practices and lead effective, competitive, and fair total rewards programs that ensure market consistency and cost-effectiveness
- Develop and manage Executive compensation; review, design, develop, and manage all aspects of compensation for our SLT
- Own the communications strategy and plan for total rewards, ensuring employees understand all that is offered at Camunda
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate People Group members, managers, and executives on pay philosophy, policies, and practices
- Develop recommendations for annual budgeting and planning while maintaining internal and external equity in pay plans; manage annual compensation review cycles
- VSOP (virtual stock option plan) Manage equity planning and implementation of new schemes as needed; partner with Chief Financial Officer to manage the cap table
- Lead stock administration and ensure accurate information is provided to employees about stock grants, vesting schedules, exercise process, and eligibility
- Create scalable processes, practices, and programs that support our rapid growth while continuing to deliver an incredible employee experience
- Oversee and support the development, implementation, and maintenance or compensation tools and systems
- Ensure compliance with all international rules and regulations.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a team of compensation and HR professionals
What you’ll bring along:
- 10+ years of HR experience working in a similar role. Will demonstrate a deep understanding of the current market including staying ahead of industry best practices and future trends.
- Analytically driven, experience using qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving
- Have a proven ability to drive projects from conception through to fruition.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly explain complex concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity is common
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote-first organization
- High attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Be open to feedback about compensation practices from the company and community to iterate based on findings
- Solid technical and systems skills.
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
- Added advantage
- Expertise with public company executive compensation, including equity; IPO experience.
- Experience creating compensation reports for Finance / Board
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.