(Senior) Legal Counsel (Negotiator) - EMEA & APAC
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
Who you are:
Camunda is seeking an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial senior counsel to drive negotiations with customers and partners across EMEA and APAC for Camunda’s SaaS and on-premises software solutions. You work effectively in all directions: upward (to your managers and the executive team); outward (to the sales, engineering, and marketing teams as well as to the company’s customers); and across the spectrum of the other members of the legal team. You collaborate well with internal stakeholders, clients and engender respect from those with whom you work. You will report directly to the Head of Legal Negotiations DACH, EMEA, APAC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, negotiate and conclude SaaS and on-premises B2B software licensing agreements and other technology-related contracts (partnerships, DPA’s, and ancillary documents) with our customers, partners and suppliers in EMEA and APAC
- Drive deal negotiations towards the close, applying solution- and business-oriented, tactical thinking while navigating internal approval workflows at both the prospect and Camunda
- Educate customers on Camunda’s business and licensing model
- Handle complex and extensive customer papers with diligence, accuracy, and speed in the context of quarterly sales target pressure
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and managers as well as with the legal and procurement departments of our prospects, customers, and partners
- Understand Camunda’s products, services, and business in order to identify risks, and develop solutions, mitigation, and negotiation strategies
- Develop and contribute to legal templates and playbooks to streamline the legal-sales collaboration, and support legal enablement of other departments (especially the Sales Team)
- Diligently ensure compliance and independently prioritize, organize, and manage legal projects, as well as day-to-day legal matters in various fields
- Actively monitor relevant legal and regulatory developments
What you’ll bring along:
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience having likely trained at a top legal firm or tech company and more recently worked in-house for a tech start-up or scale up (we are looking for either a mid-level or senior professional)
- Qualified lawyer in at least one European jurisdiction (experience in multiple jurisdictions preferred)
- Substantive knowledge with a proven track record in complex commercial negotiations with Customers, Partners and Suppliers in the B2B software industry
- Familiarity with GDPR, privacy and security issues arising in cross-border SaaS licensing preferred
- Significant, direct client/customer negotiation experience
- Deep knowledge of software-industry IP licensing issues and related agreements, including the ability to draft, explain and sell (internally and to customers) key provisions
- Great entrepreneurial spirit and understand business needs whilst ensuring legal necessities are adequately reflected at the same time
- Confident in a cross-cultural, remote-first organization and the experience of working globally across multiple teams, time zones and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and business fluent in English and at least one additional region relevant language (German and/or French strongly preferred)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with demonstrated ability to manage details as well as the big picture with excellent time management skills
- Critical thinker, with the ability to make risk-appropriate as well as business-oriented decisions with keen attention to detail
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.