(Senior) Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer - EMEA
At Camunda, we have a goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes.
Camunda is a remote-first, open-source software company (9k+ GitHub stars, 65M+ DockerHub pulls) innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach. A community of tens of thousands of users design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda.
In Camunda, any Engineer can spend up to 10% of their time working on tech projects or ideas of their own choice.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join us. Together with us, you’ll be developing the resilient Infrastructure Platform of Camunda, shaping up the team vision and roadmap, and thriving in a highly autonomous environment.
This role has NO on-calls.
What the team is doing & how you’ll contribute:
The infrastructure team is crucial in the Camunda Products delivery cycle. With our services, other Engineering teams can:
- execute over a thousand automated test pipelines a day in our CI Platform,
- within minutes, deploy and get feedback on the new product features long before they are released using our Preview Platform,
- deploy the new versions of the Camunda Products to our artifact storages, where they are available to thousands of Camunda customers 24/7.
Our mindset: if something is bothering us, we fix it. We aim at continuously iterating to have smooth and sensible processes.
As a service-oriented team, we are enabling the Engineering teams by providing them with the platform services and consulting them on the relevant technical topics.
Our Tech stack (tech radar here)
- Managed Kubernetes on GCP [80% of the time], AWS, Azure
- Github Actions, Jenkins
- Terraform, Kustomize and ArgoCD
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Alertmanager and Grafana
- Secret management: HashiCorp Vault
- Artifact distribution systems: Harbor, Artifactory SaaS
- Best practices tooling: OPA, tfsec, automation with Renovate, and others
This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA.
What you’ll bring along
- Growth mindset: curiosity to learn about new things and ideas, share and apply them to improve things around you for the better.
- [nice to have] You have a natural interest in many topics (T-shaped)
- Experience in at least a few of:
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad, ECS, or any other)
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, or any other)
- Public cloud providers (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other)
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, Flux, or any other)
- Comfortable with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Groovy, Go, Java, or any other)
- You speak and write well, have no troubles explaining technical topics to others
- You thrive working remotely, in asynchronous environments with cross-team collaboration
- [nice to have] You enjoy mentoring your fellow engineers
- [nice to have] Building and implementing technical best practices within the scope of the team and/or department
If you’re not sure that you have a match to the description, that’s not a problem. We’re open to applicants from various backgrounds and experiences.
What you will get
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver), or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work. We encourage you to take at least 30 working days off a year on top of your local holidays
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Regular Innovation Weeks and Hack Days, where the team focuses on trying new technologies and approaches
- Very liberal budget for your self-development (e.g. courses, books, conference attendance, etc.)
- More perks and benefits details here
“Curious to learn more about the role, team and the company? Check out our FAQ document”
Did we pique your interest? We’re looking forward to receiving your application! For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.
- “Curious to learn more about the role, team and the company? Check out our FAQ document”
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.