(Senior) Manager, IT - Remote
Using state-of-the-art technology, the IT division at Camunda manages and runs reliable remote-first workplace infrastructure and helps build our global network, with a proactive approach to security and innovation. We are part of Camunda’s Finance department and support and advise all Camunda teams on technology and how it can help them perform better. Now Camunda is looking for a talented, organized, security- and service-minded manager to lead its IT department.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead, mentor, develop, motivate, and manage our global IT Engineers team. Live and encourage Camunda's FAITH values.
- Help to achieve top of the line IT support by providing remote technical support to all Camunda employees.
- Administration of our Cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP/Azure), our servers (Linux/Windows) and all our tools, including IdP, Jira/Confluence and Office365 systems.
- Together with the Procurement Team, manage our IT Tools lifecycle.
- Translate department and company goals into OKRs, projects, goals and action plans, and ensure their achievement.
- Make decisions based on Proof of Concept outcome and in line with department strategy for critical projects that affect multiple departments.
- Work closely with the Information Security department. Help with the implementation of different security controls and the enforcement of our security policies to keep an up-to-date and secure IT infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively across the company (written and verbal) with different stakeholders
- Documentation and maintenance of all IT procedures, and infrastructure components.
What You'll Bring
- Deep understanding of IT Operations and Service/Support needs in a high-growth technology company
- Experience building corporate IT knowledge bases and writing policies/processes
- Excellent communication and people management skills in a remote-first environment.
- Well-versed in project and change management
- Excellent knowledge of desktop computer support (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- Very good experience in managing critical tools such as Jira/Confluence, Office365, Okta and MDM.
- Experience in Terraform, networking and Linux server administration
- You are service oriented, innovative, organized and responsible
- Fluent Professional level English
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone* design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What we have to offer
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.