Working Student - Legal Department - Berlin/Germany
What you will be doing:
- You will work primarily in the compliance area, conduct compliance assessments, independently reviewing export guidelines and identify potential risk areas, such as human rights violations, to ensure our corporate standards are respected.
- You will pro-actively support the business and support the team escalate instances of non-compliance and/or regulatory risk.
- You will support the legal team and work on diverse projects within the department (e.g. legal data maintenance, projects in the fields of data protection, contract reviewing, etc.).
- You will research on various legal and IT-law related issues and pursue solution-oriented approaches.
What you will bring along:
- You are a currently enrolled student at a college/university and are studying law, business law, international law or a comparable subject (for at least two semesters).
- You ideally have experience in independently researching and evaluating legal issues and have good legal writing skills in English, ideally in German, too.
- You are comfortable using the English language in a professional environment, knowledge of the German language is a plus.
- You will enjoy working with legal software like Ironclad or Onetrust.
- You have strong analytical skills, technical understanding and work responsibly, independently and carefully.
- You are curious and willing to embrace remote-first culture at workplace.
- You are ready to start immediately, available for 16-20 hours a week and based in Germany
Who is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone* design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What we have to offer
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- Allocated budget for German and English lessons, with the teacher of your choice!
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.