Senior Product Manager, Core Process Platform
You will be part of a growing Product team that is defining Camunda's product strategy and transforming the Process Automation market. The team embraces Camunda's collaborative and accountable culture alongside an emphasis on "failing fast" to succeed.
The ultimate goal of your role is to bring Zeebe, the heart of Camuna Platform (SaaS and Self-Managed), to the next level in terms of availability, resilience, performance, and scale. Topics that you will be looking at include Multi-Region Deployments, Low Latency, Performance at Scale and Dynamic Scaling as well as Hot Backups and Disaster Recovery. This is an opportunity to work closely with a very experienced and talented team of Engineers, Pre-Sales Engineers as well as really exciting use cases from some of our focus customers. You will be owning the vision behind Zeebe as a Distributed System with a direct impact on our Managed Platform offering.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA or US East Coast.
What you'll be doing:
- Define market-driven product requirements focused on delivering improvements to the Camunda product portfolio.
- Manage community, customer, partner and internal feedback with an emphasis on successfully driving innovation to improve the flexibility, performance, scale, and security of Camunda's product portfolio.
- Fully evaluate and prioritize incoming feature requests
- Keep the core Zeebe Distributed System team equipped to be working on the appropriate user stories.
- Very close collaboration with our performance, availability and resilience-focused Pre-Sales Engineers and Solution Architects.
- Continuous assessment of Camunda demand, market differentiation and the competitive landscape.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years product management experience in Enterprise software (e.g. knowledge about enterprise buying centers, subscription-based pricing model, enterprise software buying journey and sales cycles).
- 2+ years product management experience in a product with focus on cloud-native, distributed systems, performance, resilience, and scalability.
- Experience of OKRs, customer research techniques, product design, Go-To-Market planning, backlog management, and working in Agile teams.
- Technical knowledge of cloud-native applications, multi-region setups, databases, SaaS infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills - both internally collaborating with others and externally presenting to customers.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience managing a product used by IT departments (Software Developers, Operations, etc.).
- Have experience with distributed systems like Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic, etc.
- Have experience working with a platform product that is available as SaaS and on-prem.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.