Corporate Development Lead
About the role
We are looking for a Corporate Development Leader to help us drive the company’s growth through strategic alliances. Your goals will be to:
- Define and execute the corporate development strategy to promote the growth targets set by the company.
- Create strategic alliances such as partnerships and collaborate with internal teams to make them successful.
You will report directly to the CEO.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere where we are eligible to hire, please find a list of available countries here.
- Define the corporate development scope and strategy. Operationalize corporate development processes to help the company scale
- Responsible for sourcing, analyzing, and assessing partnership & investment opportunities
- Own end-to-end deal management
- Create a target list of potential partnerships
- Validate fit for terms, product roadmap, and other criteria
- Value the companies in a financial model
- Negotiate terms of the deal
- Prepare all partnership-related documents
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership to build collaborative, effective, and trusting relationships in order to establish strategy and execution plan, prioritizing prospects accordingly
- Iterate on the partnership process and empower department-level functions across Product, Channels, Legal, People, Finance-Accounting, Marketing and Developer Relations to create specific partnership sub-processes
- Ensure a proper level of strategic, operational, and organizational alignment
- Develop relationships with tech incubators, investors, and other sources of acquisition candidates
What you bring:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in strategic partnerships
- Skilled in corporate valuation, risk management, financial modeling, negotiation, and integration
- Experience structuring various types of deal terms
- Strong negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects cross-functionally with strong organizational skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and data-led decision-making
- Self-starter and team player with the ability to achieve or exceed objectives while working in concert with others
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Atlassian, ING, and Vodafone* design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you or/and you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2022, Camundi from all over the world gathered for our third Camunda Company Retreat in Pennsylvania, USA. Find out more about the annual retreat here
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!