- Contact Camunda
- Personal Data Camunda Collects
- How Camunda Uses Personal Data
- How Camunda Shares Personal Data
- Legal Basis for Processing Applicant Personal Data
- Retention of Applicant’s Personal Data
- International Data Transfers
- Applicant Privacy Rights
- California Privacy Rights
- Applicant Responsibilities
- Changes to this Policy
Camunda Services GmbH is Controller within the meaning of the GDPR and of other data protection laws or provisions applicable in the Member States of the European Union.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact Camunda’s email at privacy@Camunda.com or by postal mail to:
Camunda Services GmbH
Zossener Strasse 55-58
Or phone: +49 30 664 04 09 – 00
Camunda has appointed an external Data Protection Officer for German data subjects.
The Data Protection Officer for Camunda is:
JBB Data Consult GmbH
For questions about how information is gathered, stored, shared, used, or to exercise any data subject rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
Personal Data Camunda Collects
In order to process applications, Camunda asks the Applicant to provide Personal Data. This information is provided voluntarily, and the Applicant determines the amount and type of information provided; however, some information may be necessary to complete an evaluation of the application and for the Applicant to be considered as a candidate.
The Applicant usually provides Camunda with personal data, including educational and employment background, contact information, work permit or visa information, and other career opportunities for which the Applicant would like to submit to. This personal data may come in the form of a CV, resume, cover letter, educational transcripts, and employment references.
Camunda does not require any information from the Applicant that the German General Equal Treatment Act (AGG) prohibits or information that would qualify as sensitive personal data under GDPR, including information relating to race, ethnicity, gender, religion or world-views, disability, age or sexual orientation. Information about illnesses, pregnancy, political views, philosophical or religious convictions, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or sexual preferences are similarly not to be transferred.
How Camunda Uses Personal Data
Camunda uses Applicant Personal Data (as set out above) in the application and recruitment process for purposes including:
- Assessing qualifications, skills, and interests against current Camunda career opportunities;
- Verifying the information the Applicant provides and completing reference checks;
- Facilitating the recruitment and interview process;
- Preparing an offer letter, if applicable;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests, including protecting the rights and property of Camunda, Camunda users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public;
- Producing reports related to recruitment metrics;
- Managing and improving Camunda’s recruitment processes;
Application data of promising candidates may be kept, for those who opted into the Camunda TalentPool, in order to notify the Applicant of a suitable position.
Information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of the Applicant’s employment record, if offered and accepted employment with Camunda.
How Camunda Shares Personal Data
Camunda limits access to the Applicant’s Personal Data to only those who need access to perform recruitment tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it such as in the following circumstances:
- service providers: Applicant Personal Data may be shared with service providers, agents or other third parties, e.g., recruiters, consultants, and attorneys, when the Applicant applies via Camunda’s online applicant platform, and the data is transferred directly to Camunda’s third party provider, Workable. Camunda requires third parties to protect the information they receive and prohibits them from using the information for their own purposes.
- Compliance with laws, regulatory bodies, or government agencies: Camunda may disclose Applicant information when disclosure is necessary or required by law or regulation, to comply with legal process or government requests, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- With Applicant consent: Camunda may disclose Personal Data for any purpose with the Applicant’s consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Applicant Personal Data
Camunda’s legal bases for processing Applicant Personal Data include:
The purpose of the data processing is to support the decision on whether an applicant is suitable for a post at Camunda and whether a contract of employment can be entered into with them. The legal base to keep data in the talent pool is Art. 6 (I) a GDPR.
- The legal basis for processing the data after the user has submitted the application is Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with section 26 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
- Consistent with specific Applicant consents (e.g. for Camunda’s TalentPool), which the Applicant may revoke at any time in accord with Art. 6 I a GDPR.
- As necessary to comply with Camunda’s legal obligations in accord with Art. 6 I c GDPR.
- To protect the Applicant’s interests or the interests of others in accord with Art. 6 I d GDPR.
- The forwarding of the data to Workable is similarly justified pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR and Art. 6 I f GDPR. As necessary for Camunda’s legitimate interests in considering candidates for current and future employment opportunities in accord with Art. 6 I f GDPR.
Retention of Applicant’s Personal Data
Camunda retains Applicant Personal Data for as long as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and to enforce our contractual agreements or as necessary for our legitimate interests.
If the Applicant is successful in your application for a position at Camunda, we retain the information that you provide during the application process, and information about your application process, as part of your employee records.
If the Applicant is not extended an offer of employment, the total storage period of Personal Data will not exceed one year, unless the Applicant requests to be in Camunda’s TalentPool to be considered for other roles. Applicant data is stored in Camunda’s TalentPool for a period of up to two years.
You can withdraw the application, the consent to store your personal data or ask to update your data at any time by emailing privacy@Camunda.com. Further information on data collection, evaluation and processing of the Applicant’s data by Workable and on their rights in relation to this can be obtained from Workable’s privacy statement, which is available at https://www.workable.com/privacy.
International Data Transfers
A user’s personal data may be accessed, stored, transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which the person resides. For example, the provider Workable stores data in UK. As an internationally operating company, Camunda may have to access, transfer or process Applicant’s Personal Data data in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“), including the USA. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from the laws of the country where the person resides. We have taken adequate security precautions to ensure that such personal data remains protected in accordance with this Policy and we have established adequate mechanisms to protect personal data in agreements with Camunda’s service providers such as use the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission in accordance with Art. 46 Para. 2 lit. c GDPR.
Applicant Privacy Rights
The Applicant may have a legal right under applicable law such as the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, to access the Personal Data Camunda maintains. Applicants have the right to review, correct, or update Personal Data, or withdraw consent for Camunda to collect any information. Contact Camunda at privacy@Camunda.com to submit a request.
California Privacy Rights
The Applicant is responsible for the information made available to Camunda, and must ensure it is truthful and accurate. Any information provided concerning any other person, such as individuals provided as references, must receive notice and consent and must be obtained in order for Camunda to collect and use that information.
Camunda is committed to protecting the security of Applicant’s Personal Data, by using appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, but cannot eliminate security risks and breaches associated with Personal Data. If there are any questions about security, please contact us at privacy@Camunda.com.
Changes to this Policy
Camunda reviews and updates this Policy periodically in response to changing legal, technical, and business developments. Material changes made to this Policy may require Camunda to inform the Applicant in a manner that is consistent with the significance of the changes made.
Effective Date: October 12, 2020