Chief of Staff
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
The Chief of Staff (CoS) is a highly talented and committed individual who serves as the right hand and confidant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for up to 36 months.
With the initial focus to amplify the CEO’s impact, over time the CoS will shift their focus from directed work (triggered by the CEO) to leadership work (self-directed) and eventually transition into a senior management position at Camunda or another company. One key mission for this role is to support the CEO in driving cross-functionally consistent, operational excellence in our remote-first organization.
The CoS participates in all Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings and activities, but is not a C-Suite executive themselves, i.e. does not have any direct reports. The CoS has access to all documents and information that SLT has access to (except for SLT member performance reviews). The CoS does not do any work our Executive Business Assistants (EBAs) are doing, f.ex. managing the CEO’s calendar or making travel arrangements. This role could have EBA support, but will not have a dedicated EBA themselves.
The CoS role is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing tech company at the CEO level, and a potential stepping stone for a senior management role.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA or US-East Coast.
What you’ll be doing:
Support the CEO in driving operational excellence:
- Generally develop our Remote-First practice and watch over consistent applications across the organization (as a proxy to the CEO).
- Evolve and enforce our collaboration principles, tools and processes
- Handbook Ownership and driving a handbook first approach
- Overhaul and manage our OKR practice
- Develop a company-wide consistent approach to organize work and projects (e.g. introduce a task management tool)
- Manage our approach to metrics (which are most relevant, how to continuously monitor and report on them. Own the Company Dashboard, including PLG flywheel metrics and financial metrics)
General Support to the CEO:
- Manage our Board Meetings (Planning, Content, Minutes, Follow up). Ensure the CEO has up to date information from every function in advance of questions from the board.
- Manage SLT and L-Group Quarterly Business Reviews (Planning, Content, Minutes, Follow up)
- Manage Company All hands Meetings and Annual Kick Off (Planning, Content, Minutes, Follow up)
- Ensure action points coming out of meetings are implemented.
- Create investor updates, pitch decks, speeches, conference submissions, and presentations on behalf of the CEO.
- Serve as a proxy for the CEO by attending meetings in place of the CEO and making decisions on the CEO's behalf.
- Run special projects that are urgent and important to the CEO
What you’ll bring along:
- 4+ years combined experience in
- Senior operating role at a significant tech startup (preferred),
- Or management / digital ventures consulting
- People management experience preferred
- Track record in building and maintaining operational excellence
- Proven success in project coordination and reporting
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first organization
- Ability to quickly learn new things
- Concise written and verbal communication
- Structured about how to prioritize work and time
- Ability to collaborate effectively with everyone in the Organization (build great relationships, flex your style to collaborate with the wide range of personality types the CoS will be working with)
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into smaller understandable elements and drive through to fruition
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations and information in a confidential manner
- International work experience
- Location: Remote
- Timezone: East Coast USA or EMEA (preferred)
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with outstanding Glassdoor rating and CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, equity, benefits, and unlimited time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.Apply