Developer Advocate - US East
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to create resources that allow our community members to get up and running with our products quickly as well as represent the community’s feedback internally to our Product and Engineering teams.
This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in North America. We do not sponsor visas for this role nor offer any immigration support.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Actively soliciting feedback from the Camunda community and working with other members of the Developer Relations team to prioritize and communicate feedback to other departments.
- Producing solid content (videos, blogposts, tutorials, etc.) that meets the needs of our community members.
- Attending local events and Camunda meetups as well as company conferences and bi-annual team offsites (up to 30% travel).
Some of your initial projects may include:
- Identifying the top 3 pain points our community experiences when onboarding with Camunda Platform 8 and creating content to reduce that friction.
- Creating an engaging, informative talk (including a live demo of Camunda Platform 8) that can be given at Camunda meetups around North America.
- Giving a joint presentation at Camunda Community Summit.
What You Bring:
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
- 2+ years as a Developer Advocate with open source/source available communities as well as past employment as full-time dev for 2+ years (or equivalent)
- You have a passion and proven record for advocating for and enabling developers
- You consistently create developer-centric content like tutorials, blogposts, videos, open source tooling, etc.
- You understand the business value of your work and, with assistance, are able to communicate it to stakeholders
- You enjoy working asynchronously with teams and cross-functional groups across timezones to accomplish a singular goal
It would be great (but not essential) if you have one or more of the following:
- Working knowledge of Java or other backend programming languages (e.g. Python, .Net, Ruby, etc.)
- Background in BPM technologies or process/workflow automation companies
- Working knowledge of or interest in Kubernetes-related technologies
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.