We’re excited to announce that Camunda will be participating in Hacktoberfest this October! Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of all things open source created by DigitalOcean and 2020 will be their 7th year running this amazing event. Last year saw more than 60,000 challenge completions with a total of 482,182 pull requests opened and this year should prove to be even larger.
Participants who complete the Camunda challenge will earn this limited edition Camunda x Hacktoberfest 2020 t-shirt as well as these nifty stickers.
How to Participate
Eager to get your hands on that awesome t-shirt? Getting started is easy! Find an issue with the hacktoberfest label you’d like to contribute to. You can do this by searching “hacktoberfest” within our repositories. Next, submit the pull request. You can learn more about various ways to contribute below. Then rinse and repeat! Once you have submitted two pull requests, let us know you’ve completed the challenge by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. We will review your pull requests and if they are both valid we will send you an email asking for your information in order to get the sweet sweet swag to you.
A few things to keep in mind:
- All the issues labeled hacktoberfest will also have a label indicating how much expertise and/or time is necessary to complete the pull request.
- You are not alone! This is a community event and we have an awesome community on our forums. If you get stuck on an issue or have any questions, post about it on the forum.
- Don’t forget, Hacktoberfest is a world wide event and there are many more projects to contribute to and prizes to win! Head over to DigitalOcean’s site to register and learn more.
Ways to Contribute
Whether you are a seasoned open source professional, an enthusiastic community contributor, or dipping your toe in for the very first time, there is an opportunity to participate in Hacktoberfest.
Here are some ideas:
We have issues in our repositories tagged with “Hacktoberfest”. We think these are achievable, we know they are useful, and our maintainers can work with you on them.
You could contribute a fix to the documentation, the README, or the Getting Started instructions. Is there something that would have made a difference for you, or even a spelling mistake that is bugging you? Submit a PR!
Is there an open feature request that you would like to see implemented, or an open bug that is affecting you? This is your chance to make the world a better place for yourself and others.
Is there something new that you’d like to contribute? Open an issue and discuss it with the maintainers.
Did you hit a bug? As well as opening an issue for it, or could contribute the fix. Again, our maintainers are here to help you pinpoint the issue and discuss approaches to fixing it.
Links to Repos
You’re welcome and encouraged to submit pull requests to any one of our repositories but here’s a list of some of our more popular repos:
Pull Request Examples
Links to Contribution Guidelines
Links to Forums
To qualify for the official limited edition Camunda x Hacktoberfest 2020 shirt:
- You must make two (2) pull requests (PRs) between October 1-31 (in any time zone).
- Qualifying PRs can be made in any Camunda BPM, Zeebe, bpmn.io, etc, repository.
- PRs must be ready to review (not drafts).
- PRs may be marked invalid by a maintainer if the PR:
- Is determined to be spam
- Does not follow the contribution guidelines
- Is not in line with the project’s code of conduct
- Invalid PRs do not count towards your two PRs.
- Once you have submitted two PRs, fill out the form below letting us know you have completed the challenge.
- It is up to the discretion of Camunda to accept or not accept any community contributed pull requests. There is no guarantee that your submission will be merged or used in any future updates or releases.
- If we do want to merge/use your code, we will follow up with you and ask you to sign a CLA.
- Prizes will start shipping in December 2020.
Submit Your Entries
Once you have submitted your two pull requests, fill out this form to let us know!