Components of Camunda Platform follow a release policy outlined below.
For version specific release policy information see:
- Camunda Platform 7 Release Policy
- Camunda Platform 8 Release Policy (including SaaS provisioning)
Versioning and Releases
Components of Camunda Platform follow the Semantic Versioning standard, which defines a version number using the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH pattern.
- MAJOR version can make incompatible API changes.
- MINOR version can add functionality in a backward-compatible manner.
- PATCH version can make backward-compatible bug fixes.
The Camunda team strives to release at least:
- A new minor version of the Camunda Platform components every six months – the second Tuesday of April and October
- In between minor versions, roughly monthly releases (to preview the upcoming minor version)
Standard Support Period
Camunda provides a standard support period of 18 months for their Enterprise customers. Therefore, the last three released minor versions are supported with patch releases. Patch releases are offered on a best effort basis for the currently supported versions.
Camunda Release Cadence
Components of Camunda Platform release at a regular cadence – the second Tuesday of April and October.
What does End of Maintenance mean?
End of maintenance means that Camunda will not perform any maintenance or release any bug fixes and patch releases related to the mentioned version after the specified date. In case you are planning to migrate to a more recent version of Camunda Platform, check our Camunda Platform 7 Update & Migration Guide or our Camunda Platform 8 Update Guide.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or if you need help migrating to a new version.
Why does Camunda change Supported Environments?
Camunda is committed to delivering improvements and bug fixes as fast as possible. We are also committed to providing world class support for our software running in different environments. However, as new versions of databases, web browsers, etc, are released, the cost of supporting multiple environments grows exponentially, making it harder to provide the level of support our customers have come to expect from us. Therefore, we no longer support environments marked as end-of-life by the vendor, or very old versions that are no longer widely used.
Camunda Platform 7 Supported Environments