Camunda BPM 7.13 provides process automation for most common programming languages; adds DMN 1.3 update, lightweight fast-start distribution and expanded process analytics
BERLIN – June 2, 2020 – Open source software provider Camunda today announced the release of Camunda BPM 7.13, a complete process automation platform with powerful execution engines for BPMN workflows and DMN decisions paired with tools for collaboration, modeling, operations and analytics.
“Fully or partially manual processes only function when workers and physical files are located in the same place. That’s why millions of people working from home has resulted in complete breakdowns of key operations for enterprises that depend on manual processes,” stated the April 2020 Forrester Research, Inc. report, COVID-19 Remote Work Just Broke Your Processes: Here’s What To Do About It. The report continued, “For enterprises with nonfunctioning processes, the priority is restoring operations by fixing those processes.”
“The stakes are high, as the need for process automation has never been clearer. Teams are scrambling for solutions to automate their critical processes no matter what tech stack they use,” said Camunda CTO Daniel Meyer. “Camunda BPM 7.13 expands on our commitment to support our global community of more than 100,000 developers. By expanding the coding languages we support, more developers can participate in building process automation. This latest release opens the door for any process automation team to get started fast with Camunda and orchestrate services across a distributed environment.”
New features within Camunda BPM 7.13 include:
– Simplified adoption across developer communities: Expands REST API with OpenAPI support.
– New lightweight distribution for running Camunda as a standalone orchestration engine: the newly added Camunda BPM Run distribution can be deployed faster in containerized environments such as Docker and Kubernetes with no Java or application server knowledge needed.
– Updated standards-based decisioning: This release greatly improves DMN support with the addition of the DMN 1.3 Namespace as well as full coverage of the FEEL Expression Language in version 1.2.
– Process events monitoring across systems: End-to-end process monitoring based on events, available in Camunda’s Optimize 3.0, adds a unified view of real-time process insights from any data source.
– Improved design collaboration in large projects: Visually track changes across different versions of process models with Cawemo.
Camunda BPM is distributed as a free, open source Community Edition as well as a commercial Enterprise Edition. Open source downloads and a free trial of the Enterprise Edition are available at www.camunda.com/download.
Camunda BPM 7.13 release webinar
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT.
A community of thousands of users across companies such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda, enabling them to build software applications more flexibly, collaboratively and efficiently, gaining the business agility, visibility and scale needed to drive digital transformation. To learn more visit camunda.com.