Deliver Workflow Automation To Your Customers
Camunda BPM is a lightweight, embeddable workflow engine that integrates seamlessly with your product and scales with your business.
Key Considerations When Integrating BPM In Your Product
Software vendors in a range of industries have recognized the value in offering their customers workflow automation in their product.
While vendors could build their own workflow engine from scratch, this is a resource-intensive effort and adds considerable overhead to a project.
Including an existing BPM platform in a product offers a compelling alternative to building one from scratch, but there are many questions to consider before making a choice:
- Is the engine embeddable, and if my product is Java-based, embeddable as a library?
- Can the engine integrate with my product via Java and / or REST API?
- Does the engine use open standards such as BPMN 2.0 for workflows and DMN for decisions?
- Can non-technical users visually adjust the workflows and decisions implemented in my product? Do I get a customizable framework for modeling in the browser for this purpose?
- Are there any other tools for the engine such as for live monitoring that I can also deliver with my product if necessary?
- Is the engine available under an open source license that allows me to embed in my product?
- Can I purchase an OEM license from the manufacturer if necessary to benefit from additional features, support and maintenance?
- Is the technology and the company behind it well-established in the market and reliable?
If you’re a software vendor looking for a workflow engine to include in your product, you should consider Camunda BPM.
Camunda BPM is Lightweight, Embeddable, and Flexible
Many software vendors have used Camunda BPM to add workflow automation to their products.
Camunda was designed from the start with developers in mind:
- Camunda BPM can be used as a standalone process engine, but can also be embedded directly in Java applications.
- You can use Camunda BPM in a variety of programming languages, be it Java, .NET, and more.
- Camunda BPM is highly available and scalable because the engine is very easy to install and operate in a cluster.
The fact that Camunda BPM is available open source under the Apache 2.0 License reduces vendor dependency, and at the same time, Camunda offers a licensing agreement for an enterprise version of Camunda BPM with valuable tools and support.
Camunda takes care of business users, too, and Camunda BPM provides extensive tooling for non-developers:
- Camunda defines workflows using ISO-standard BPMN 2.0, providing a common language for technical and non-technical users.
- Cawemo enables business users to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to create, edit and specify BPMN process diagrams for developers to deploy.
- Camunda Modeler allows developers to edit BPMN process diagrams and DMN decision tables, and deploy workflows to the Camunda Engines to execute them.
- Camunda Optimize provides live monitoring and reports for business stakeholders so that no question about a process is left unanswered.
We’re Here to Help
If you are considering enriching your product with workflow features, you can count on our support. We can guide you from the initial architectural discussions to implementation to rollout, and you can benefit from our extensive project experience.
The Camunda Enterprise Platform comes with additional features, tools, and up to 24×7 support to accelerate your development and ensure all runs smoothly.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with an expert.
We wanted to offer an out-of-the-box capability that would enable business analysts to create and deploy business processes. Camunda met all of our evaluation criteria and was easily embeddable within our existing Java application and proved to be a great partner throughout the entire process.
Director, Product Development
From a technical point of view, the seamless integration of Camunda BPM in Java EE-based enterprise scenarios (in our case, inside a Glassfish application server) is a major advantage. This integration leads to several unique selling points of Camunda BPM, such as the multi-tenancy solution we need, Java EE-conformant deployment of process applications, and improved management of asynchronous jobs (e.g. timer-driven events).