Learn about what hyperautomation is, why hyperautomation is important and how you can think about applying it to your organization today.
Over the past couple of years the term “Hyperautomation” has become more and more relevant. As figure 1 illustrates in the beginning of 2019 the search volume for this term started to increase and reached an all-time high in 2022. In this blog post we will take a closer look at the definition of hyperautomation and see how Camunda interprets it. I will also use this post to put ChatGPT from OpenAI to the test and see whether this tool is a good co-author for this kind of fundamental blog post. This experiment plays nicely into the topic of hyperautomation itself as well.
Table of Contents
- What is hyperautomation?
- Why is hyperautomation important?
- Camunda’s approach to Hyperautomation
What is hyperautomation?
The management consulting firm Gartner defined the term hyperautomation as the following:
“Hyperautomation is a business-driven, disciplined approach that organizations use to rapidly identify, vet and automate as many business and IT processes as possible. Hyperautomation involves the orchestrated use of multiple technologies, tools or platforms […].”—Gartner
Let’s take a closer look at this definition:
- First of all, it is important to understand that hyperautomation is driven by business needs and pains. It doesn’t originate out of technical debt for instance.
- Secondly, it includes various activities spanning the BPM lifecycle. We are not only talking about identifying and capturing processes but also about automating and monitoring them.
- Another important note is that the processes span various technologies and endpoints which requires some orchestration capability. This does not only refer to different APIs but rather to other technologies like RPA bots, machine learning components and many others which occur in a corporate environment.
- Last but not least – all of this needs to happen fast. The main reason for this is to stay relevant and competitive in the digital age.
Why is hyperautomation important?
Here is where ChatGPT comes in – I asked ChatGPT about why organizations should start thinking about applying hyperautomation it came up with five very good reasons and a nice conclusion. I have edited them lightly to make sure they are in line with what I’d like to emphasize.
This itself is a nice example about an advanced technological component which can be used and orchestrated in business processes to speed them up. In that sense I am trying to automate part of my writing process.
- Improved efficiency: Hyperautomation can help organizations to automate many of their manual processes and tasks, which can greatly improve efficiency and reduce the time and resources required to complete these tasks.
- Cost savings: Automating certain processes can help organizations to reduce errors and rework, which can reduce costs.
- Increased competitiveness: Organizations that are able to automate their processes and tasks are often able to operate more efficiently than their competitors, which can give them an advantage in the market.
- Improved customer service: Automated processes and tasks help organizations to improve the speed and accuracy of their services.
- Enhanced decision making: Business processes, organizations can free up their employees to focus on more strategic tasks.
Overall, hyperautomation is an important consideration for organizations looking to improve their operations and stay competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment. By leveraging advanced technologies, organizations can automate many of their manual processes and tasks, leading to improved efficiency, cost savings, and better business outcomes.
Camunda’s approach to hyperautomation
One of the key ways that Camunda relates to the area of hyperautomation is through its process orchestration platform. Camunda Platform 8 enables organizations to automate complex business processes using a variety of tools. This platform is designed to be highly scalable and flexible, allowing organizations to integrate a wide range of technologies into their process automation projects. For example, Camunda can be used to automate a process requiring integrations to a CRM system, ERP system, manual work and other business applications. Read more about a typical hyperautomation tech stack in this blogpost.
Overall, Camunda’s process orchestration platform is a powerful tool for organizations looking to implement hyperautomation. The platform not only allows the automation of processes but also the continuous monitoring. This makes sure that you are focusing on the right priorities on your digital transformation journey. Camunda helps organizations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve business outcomes. If you are interested about why hyperautomation also matters to developers and how it can help them grow make sure to give this post a read.
Without any doubt we can say that hyperautomation is key to mastering digital transformation and is relevant for organizations to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment. If you’re curious for more on this, you can learn more about the top three reasons why top enterprises are automating their processes here.
Talking about leveraging advanced technologies at organizations, I also would like to come to a conclusion in regards to the usage of ChatGPT for writing these kinds of blog posts. Indeed the tool is very helpful and can speed up the process of drafting such a post. Nevertheless, it is important to use this tool with care. Doing research by yourself is still indispensable. For me it was helpful to find the right terms and formulations in certain areas and to generate more ideas for research. Last but not least I wanted to share that I was more successful with running short queries rather than long and elaborate ones in the tool.
Curious to learn more about ChatGPT? Follow this blogpost from OpenAI.
If this made you curious about Camunda Platform 8 and how it can help you enable hyperautomation, do not hesitate to take it for a test with a 30-day free trial.
Curious for even more on hyperautomation? Dig deeper with The Ultimate Guide to Building Your Hyperautomation Tech Stack.