Senior Backend Engineer, Operate/Tasklist
The Operate/Tasklist team develop the operations and human task orchestration consoles for Camunda 8 Platform, allowing users to not only monitor, analyze and resolve problems with any process instance, but also to assign and execute tasks requiring human interactions in an easy and seamless manner.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help us take these products to the next level. You will be fully empowered to make decisions while collaborating and being supported by Product Management, Product Designers and other Engineers.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way that meet our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. You will maintain and advocate for these standards through code reviews.
- Collaborating with Product Management, Product Designers, Frontend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Helping our customers resolve problems operating our software as part of 3rd-level support.
- Performing spikes to discover technical requirements and solutions to problems with high technical uncertainty.
- Engaging with our community by helping in our user forum, publishing blog posts, or speaking at community meet-ups.
What You Bring:
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
- 5+ years of experience as a Java Backend Engineer
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Java
- Practical experience working with Spring and Spring Boot
- A pragmatic and autonomous approach to programming and problem solving.
- Ambition and drive to understand and own an established codebase that solves complex business problems.
- A collaborative mindset that we can solve the hardest problems together in our team.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.