Camunda provides orchestration that enhances the autonomy of microservices.
Integration Without Compromising Loose Coupling
Microservices architectures have become increasingly popular for their flexibility and agility. However, it is important to keep in mind that an end-to-end, automated business process typically stretches across multiple microservices to achieve an outcome. This is where developers and software architects often struggle – to effectively communicate, monitor, identify and resolve problems across microservices.
Camunda enables organizations to overcome these problems without compromising the paradigms of autonomy and loose coupling of microservices.
The Challenges of Microservice Architectures:
Visualizing end-to-end processes across microservices
Communication across multiple microservices
Event monitoring and troubleshooting
Maintaining state while resolving issues during disruptions
Development inconsistencies across software teams
End-to-End Service Orchestration Lifecycle
- Visual processes modeled in ISO-standard BPMN, allowing business and IT stakeholders to collaborate on process design in a common language
- Dedicated orchestration logic making it easy to implement changes
- Build a catalog of reusable templates for common scenarios to enable faster orchestration
- Highly scalable execution engine to natively automate and execute BPMN models without violating core microservices paradigms such as isolation of services
- Monitor processes with the ability to discover and analyze technical service issues
- Maintain process state in case of service disruption allowing the process to resume upon service resumption
- Compare process logs with BPMN diagrams to identify potential issues in service execution
- Use BPMN heatmaps to identify ways to improve efficiency
- Customizable reports and dashboards on process performance and business KPIs for decision makers
Ultimate Guide to Process Automation and Microservices
Researching how to build a microservices architecture that best suits your needs? This Ultimate Guide to Process Automation and Microservices provides insights and guidance on refining your microservice strategy and ensuring success by leveraging process automation to achieve true end-to-end orchestration.
Benefits of Camunda’s Workflow Engine For Microservices
State Handling:Persists the state of each instance of a business process (e.g., each order placed on an ecommerce website)
Explicit Processes:Makes business processes explicit instead of burying them in code, making it easier for teams to understand and modify them
Message Correlation and Coordination:Merges messages belonging to a single process instance and decides next steps — BPMN automatically implements message patterns such as sequences, synchronization, mutual exclusion, and timeouts
Compensation for Problems:
Compensates if a business transaction or process encounters a problem that requires previously completed steps to be undone
Tracks the passage of time and automatically takes action or switches to another path in the process flow if an event does not take place as expected
Error Handling:Allows you to specify the behavior that should happen when an error occurs (e.g., retrying an action, taking another path)
Transparency of Status:Enables operations teams to monitor the status of process instances in real time
Collaboration:Provides graphical models of business processes that facilitate discussion between business stakeholders, developers, and operations teams
Chief Information Officer
Chief Software Architect
Get a quote, evaluation assistance or anything else that is on your mind.