Replace Legacy BPMS
If you’re struggling with a traditional business process management suite, Camunda can help.
Legacy BPMS doesn’t measure up
When starting to automate business processes, many organizations purchase a traditional business process management suite (BPMS). However, these products are not suited to the modern world of process automation, which requires agility, scalability, and openness.
Legacy BPMS, which are also known as iBPMS, rely on closed architectures and a proprietary approach to development, limiting business agility and making it difficult and expensive to make changes. They can’t scale dynamically in response to business demand, which means they cause performance issues that negatively affect customers. And they don’t provide the tools you need to continuously improve your processes.
Camunda is lightweight and developer-friendly
- Create, edit, and deploy process diagrams using the BPMN standard
- Collaborate across business and IT teams to design and share process flows
- Streamline automation efforts by building a catalog of reusable templates
- Work with large, complex DMN decision tables in an easy-to-use interface
- Drastically increase process performance with a cloud-native workflow engine that’s designed for speed, scale, and resilience
- Integrate human workflows with an out-of-the-box GUI for manual tasks; no front-end development required
- Discover, analyze, and solve technical problems in production, in real time
- Monitor all process automation activity in one place, no matter where processes are being executed
- Provide stakeholders with customizable reports and dashboards on process performance
- Keep stakeholders informed about real-time process activity through configurable alerts
- Use BPMN heatmaps to identify bottlenecks and continuously improve automated business processes
|A universal automation layer that orchestrates complex processes across people and systems|
|Purpose-built to support mission-critical business processes that may run for hours, days, weeks, or even months|
|BPMN and DMN as the basis for collaborative design, execution, monitoring, and improvement of processes|
|Real-time KPIs in customizable dashboards that all stakeholders can use|
|Robust APIs for headless automation, plus polyglot clients and SDKs for maximum flexibility|
|A modular design that can run on public, private, or hybrid cloud, and that works with modern technologies such as Kubernetes and Kafka|
|A standards-based approach that puts professional developers’ needs first, plus an active community of open-source contributors|
|Highly customizable design means any use case can be accommodated, including mixed automated/manual workflows|
|Easy to get started, change, and maintain, with no proprietary expertise needed|
|Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than legacy BPMS thanks to lower day-to-day operational costs|
Are You Ready to Upgrade Your BPMS?
With the rise of cloud infrastructure, containers and microservices-based application development, the inflexibility of legacy BPMS has become a blocker to development teams’ progress and innovation.
Assess whether you’re ready to kick off a BPMS migration project.
Matthias Lüstraeten Unit Head Middleware and Cloud Computing
“The core advantages of Camunda compared to our previous commercial solution are the increased flexibility, the usage of standard technologies and knowledge, reduced licensing costs and an accelerated software development process.”
Marko Lehn Head of Engineering
“To further automate our business processes, we are using Camunda: The open platform permits the implementation of our individual needs in a way that closed BPM suites just cannot achieve.”
Fidelity | Doculabs – Migrating from Legacy BPM to Camunda
Long-running business processes often require manual work to be combined with automated steps to create a unified workflow, end-to-end. The secret to streamlining internal operations and building better customer experiences starts with knowing how to orchestrate a combination of human and machine-driven processes.
Migration is straightforward, and we’re here to help
Replacing a legacy BPMS with Camunda is a straightforward process. Our experienced consulting team is ready to assist you, from the very first architecture discussion and proof of concept, all the way to the migration of your process definitions and process instances.
Ready to get started? Learn how to maximize your Camunda experience!
Camunda can replace:
- Active BPEL
- Alfresco Activiti
- Appian BPM
- IBM WPS, IBM BPM, IBM MQ Workflow, IBM Lotus Notes
- JBoss jBPM
- Oracle BPM
- Pega BPM
- Software AG Webmethods