We’re excited to announce that Camunda will be participating in Hacktoberfest this October! Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of all things open source, created by DigitalOcean and 2020 will be their 7th year running this amazing event. Last year saw more than 60,000 challenge completions with a total of 482,182 pull requests opened, and this year should prove to be even larger.
This is Camunda’s first year participating in Hacktoberfest and we’re looking forward to being a part of an event that promotes involvement in, and contribution to, open source projects. Open source aligns to many of the ideals that Camunda stands for, including open communication, collaboration, transparency, and community-oriented development. So whether you’re a beginner or an expert coder, we encourage you to participate in Hacktoberfest this coming October.
Complete the challenge to earn this limited edition Camunda x Hacktoberfest 2020 t-shirt and these nifty stickers!
How To Participate
Eager to get your hands on that awesome t-shirt? Getting started is easy! First, find an issue with the hacktoberfest label you’d like to contribute to. You can do this by searching hacktoberfest within our repositories.
Submit the pull request. Then find just one more issue you’d like to tackle. Once you have submitted two pull requests let us know you’ve completed the challenge by filling out the form on our official Hacktoberfest page. We will review your pull requests and, if they are all valid, we will send you an email asking for your information in order to send you your sweet sweet swag!
A few things to keep in mind:
- All the issues labeled hacktoberfest will also have an easy/medium/hard label indicating how much expertise and/or time is necessary to complete the pull request.
- You are not alone! This is a community event and we have an awesome community on our forums. If you get stuck on an issue or have any questions, post about it on the forum!
- Don’t forget to register for Hacktoberfest here!
- It is not necessary to register to earn the Camunda t-shirt but it is necessary if you also want to earn the DigitalOcean prize.
- For the full set of rules, see here.
While You Wait
October 1st is a month away but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do in the meantime. Here are some things you can do while you wait for Hacktoberfest to start:
- Register for CamundaCon 2020.2
- Read our contribution guidelines:
- Familiarize yourself with some of our repositories:
- Join the forums
- Spread the word!
See You Online in October!
Our community remains our best source of inspiration for updates, features, and new functionalities. You all are an endless wealth of knowledge and creativity and we can’t wait to see what you contribute during Hacktoberfest 2020!