(Senior) Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer - Infrastructure
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda enables organizations to orchestrate processes across people, systems, and devices to continuously overcome complexity and increase efficiency. With Camunda, business users and developers collaborate using BPMN to model end-to-end processes and run sophisticated automation with the speed, scale, and resilience required to stay competitive. Hundreds of enterprises such as Atlassian, ING, and Vodafone design, orchestrate, and improve business-critical processes with Camunda to accelerate digital transformation. To learn more visit camunda.com.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a hands-on (Senior) Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Infrastructure team at Camunda. We have multiple openings for this role and are looking for both solid mid-level and senior engineers.
The Infrastructure team is an internal, service-oriented Engineering team that is responsible for providing a scalable platform for other Camunda Engineering teams. The platform enables the other teams to quickly and easily build, test, and ship Camunda products.
Using our platform services, other Engineering teams:
- Execute over a thousand automated test pipelines a day in our CI Platform
- Within minutes, deploy and get feedback on the new product features long before they are released using our Preview Platform
- Deploy the new versions of the Camunda Products to our artifact storages, where they are available to thousands of Camunda customers 24/7
Our mindset: if something is bothering us, we fix it. We aim to iterate to have smooth and sensible processes.
In Camunda, any Engineer can spend up to 10% of their time working on tech projects or ideas of their own choice.
Our tech stack:
- Managed Kubernetes on GCP [80% of the time], AWS, Azure
- Github Actions (ramping up), Jenkins (phasing out)
- Terraform, Kustomize and ArgoCD
- Monitoring & Incident Management: Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, incident.io
- Secret management: HashiCorp Vault
- Artifact distribution systems: Harbor, Artifactory SaaS
- Best practices tooling: automation with Renovate, Snyk, OPA, tfsec and others
What you will bring along:
- Growth mindset: curiosity to learn about new things and ideas, share and apply them to improve things around you for the better.
- Experience in at least a few of:
- Container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes, Nomad, ECS, or any other)
- Infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, or any other)
- Public cloud providers (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other)
- CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, Flux, or any other)
- Comfortable with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Groovy, Go, Java, or any other)
- You speak and write well, can comfortably explain technical topics to others
- You thrive working remotely, in asynchronous environments with cross-team collaboration
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
Nice to have:
- You have a natural interest in a wide spectrum of technical topics (T-shaped)
- You enjoy mentoring your fellow engineers
- You enjoy building and implementing technical best practices within the scope of the team and/or department
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere we are eligible to hire, please find a list of available countries here. Please note that the majority of this team is based in the Central European Timezone, and an overlap of 5 working hours is required for collaboration. For more information about the role as well as how we work, please consult our FAQs.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
#LI-NC1 #Li-Remote #EMEA
What We Have to Offer:
Below is the annual Total Target Cash Compensation (Total Cash) range for Camundi located in one of our entities. Total Cash refers to base salary and 100% attainment of variable target, where applicable. Actual Total Cash offered will depend on factors such as skills and qualifications related to the role. To comprise the Total Rewards package, Camunda also offers equity (where applicable) in the form of a Virtual Employee Stock Option Plan and benefits based on the country of residence.
The annual Total Cash range for an Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer position for Camundi in our entities is as follows:
- United States: $102000 to $153700
- Germany: €68200 to €102200
- United Kingdom: £66400 to £99600
- Singapore: S$127300 to S$190900
The annual Total Cash range for a Senior Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer position for Camundi in our entities is as follows:
- United States: $123000 to $184400
- Germany: €81800 to €122700
- United Kingdom: £79700 to £119500
- Singapore: S$152700 to S$229000
If you are outside one of these countries, you would be employed by our Preferred Employer Organization (PEO), Remote. After applying for the role and speaking with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, you will be provided a link to access the Camunda Total Rewards Calculator which will outline the Total Cash range for your country.
- A remote culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux - you choose what works best for you or/and you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a Headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations. In 2024, we will be heading off to the Dominican Republic. Find out more about past annual retreats.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success. To allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — this is a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.