We are pleased to announce the next alpha release of Camunda Platform Runtime 7.18. This release features the following improvements:
- Support for H2 2.1
- Traditional Chinese translations are available
- Improved status monitoring of batch jobs
- Improved safety of executing a batch operation on the Batch Operation page
- 8 Bug Fixes
You can download Camunda for free or run it with Docker.
For a complete list of all improvements, take a look at the release notes. Please also see the list of known issues.
If you want to dig in deeper, you can find the source code on GitHub.
Support for H2 2.1
This release adds support for the H2 database in version 2.1, which provides fixes for vulnerabilities. Enterprise customers have access to the 7.17.3 patch that includes H2 2.1, too.
Traditional Chinese translations are available”
You can now use the Camunda Platform 7 web apps in traditional Chinese (zh-TW). The translations can be found in our camunda-webapp-translations repository. Try them out!
The traditional Chinese translation was contributed by our community member Hao (@yhao3). Cheers!
Improved status monitoring of batch jobs”
This topic contains multiple features that are planned for the 7.18 minor release, all of them are based on actual customer requests.
In this alpha release, we are presenting these two smaller features:
Show username for in-progress batches
This features adds a new user column for the in-progress batches so you can immediately see who started the job without opening batch job details:
Removal of ended batches
This feature makes it possible to remove ended batches directly from Cockpit:
Improved safety of executing a batch operation on the Batch Operation page
This release adds new safe interaction patterns for the Batch Operation page so that users can avoid the accidental execution of a critical batch operation. The safety improvements include:
- Displaying the instances table only after a batch operation has been selected.
- Allowing a user to select either by instance or by query when determining which instances to execute a batch operation on.
- By instance allows a subset of available instances to be selected, either individually or on a page-by-page basis. The instances table displays checkboxes.
- By query automatically selects all available instances for a given batch operation and/or search criteria. The instances table does not display checkboxes.
- Allowing a user to progress to the Confirm step of a batch operation only after they have at least one instance selected.
- Disabling the Confirm step once a batch operation is executed.
Share your thoughts with us!
Your feedback is really important to us, so please download Camunda Platform Runtime 7.18.0-alpha4, try it out, and let us know what you think about it.
You can contact us in the forum, send a tweet to @Camunda, or file a bug in our ticket system.