Community Events – Code of Conduct
As we would like to provide a consistently great experience and unified execution we created this Community Code of Conduct for our Camunda community members and event organizers. We want to ensure, that mutual support will always be guaranteed and our skillset and circles grow. This conduct can be applied to all events executed internationally.
For quality assurance purposes and the goal to provide a respectful and supportive environment, we have put together a guide including a few points to be aware of and consider when hosting a Camunda community event:
- Mutual respect: No matter if you are an event organizer or attendee of one of the interactive and lively events provided by our community members – please beware of inappropriate behavior and wording. Camunda stands for open communication, respectful interaction and transparency – please keep that in mind, as we would like comfortable spaces to be created where every single member and participant feels welcome.
- Effective communication: "To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others" (Tony Robbins). By keeping that in mind and listening to understand, rather than to respond we will create a highly productive environment where all participants, no matter what language and background, will be able to communicate effectively.
- Mindfulness: Please be mindful of the space, as well as people and their actions around you. We always co-create and every single action can have a major impact on the event or even community. To create this safe, supportive and highly productive space we need to work together and hold each other accountable.
- Request and provide support: These events are supposed to be platforms of exchange and mutual help. Please be open with your requests and questions as there is a good chance not only you, but the whole community can benefit from starting the conversation. In return, please be open to share your knowledge and experience to be an active member of the community.
- No tolerance for harassment: This includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. This also applies to any pre- or post-event marketing activities and communication by all parties involved. All organizers commit to be a contact for harassment complaints and are asked to take appropriate action to ensure a safe and respectful environment. In some cases a report to Camunda might be required.
This policy applies to all members of the Camunda community events including organizers, volunteers, speakers, sponsors and attendees. As an event organizer you are expected to enforce this policy while managing and hosting your event as well.