Senior Legal Counsel (Negotiator) - US
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. From exercise space (24 Hour Fitness) to outer space (NASA space missions), processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda leverages open-source software to innovate process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian, and many more design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has offices in Germany, the United States, the UK, Singapore, and Australia.
What we're looking for:
Camunda is seeking an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial senior counsel to drive negotiations with customers and partners across North America and Latin America for Camunda’s SaaS and on-premises software solutions.
You’re ready to directly impact Camunda’s rapid growth trajectory and help shape the exploding automation enterprise software industry. You work effectively in all directions: upward (to the GC and the executive team); outward (to the sales, engineering, and marketing teams as well as to the company’s customers); and across the spectrum of the other members of the legal team. You “play well with others” and engender respect from those with whom you work. You will report directly to the General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, negotiate and conclude SaaS and on-premises B2B software licensing agreements and other technology-related contracts with our customers and partners
- Drive deal negotiations towards the close, applying solution- and business-oriented, tactical thinking while navigating internal approval workflows at both the prospect and Camunda
- Educate customers on Camunda’s business and licensing model
- Handle complex and extensive customer papers with diligence, accuracy, and speed in the context of quarterly sales target pressure
- Communicate with internal stakeholders, including acting as an intermediary to the CEO and executive staff, as well as with the legal and procurement departments of our prospects, customers, and partners
- Understand Camunda’s products, services, and business in order to identify risks, and develop solutions, mitigation, and negotiation strategies
- Diligently ensure compliance and independently prioritize, organize, and manage legal projects, as well as day-to-day legal matters in various fields
- Actively monitor relevant legal and regulatory developments
What you’ll bring along:
- 4-7 years experience as an attorney with a JD from an accredited U.S. law school, licensed to practice law in your home state
- Substantive experience working in the B2B software (on-premises and SaaS) industry
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience, responsible for negotiating complex outbound deals
- Significant, direct client/customer negotiation experience
- Deep knowledge of software-industry IP licensing issues and related agreements, including the ability to draft, explain and sell (internally and to customers) key provisions
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with demonstrated ability to manage details as well as the big picture
- Ability to make risk-appropriate as well as business-oriented decisions
- Excellent written/oral communication and negotiation skills required
- Excellent time management skills; very organized
- Critical thinker, with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrable risk-assessment skills
- Skilled and proactive communicator
- Experience negotiating open-source software licensing agreements
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with outstanding Glassdoor rating and CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honor diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.