*Camunda Platform 8, our cloud-native solution for process orchestration, launched in April 2022. Images and supporting documentation in this post may reflect an earlier version of our cloud and software solutions.
We’re excited to announce the release of Camunda Web Modeler, a new modeling tool that’s part of Camunda Platform 8. Web Modeler brings together business and IT, enabling organizations to automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts.
Web Modeler has replaced Cloud Modeler, and this release lays the groundwork for deep collaboration between business and IT. The transition from Cloud Modeler to Web Modeler will be seamless. If you’re a Cloud Modeler user, all of your data has been migrated to the new Web Modeler. You can find all of your diagrams and forms under the new Modeler entry in the top navigation bar of Camunda Platform 8. Read more in the documentation.
This release adds:
- New collaboration features
- Improved properties panel
- New and improved directory structure for better organizing diagrams
- Various smaller improvements and bug fixes
Sign up for Camunda Platform 8 now and start modeling right away.
Work Together and Collaborate More Easily Than Ever Before
This release comes with five new collaboration features that help teams work together more easily and efficiently.
- You can now attach comments to a BPMN diagram element, or the diagram itself for an effective feedback loop. This allows for adding new comments to the discussion, mentioning users in comments, and editing comments.
- Projects and folders enable you to better organize your diagrams. Store all your project contents in a single place, and collaborate with users by inviting them to edit, view and/or comment on processes, forms and files.
- Diagrams can be shared and embedded. Easily share your diagrams with anyone inside or outside your organization.
- You can now model a diagram together. Updates are sent in real time when others are opening the same diagram as you.
- Managing users to projects is now even easier. View a list of collaborators in Web Modeler, as well as invite more collaborators with just a few clicks.
Use Milestones to Visualize Changes as Projects Evolve
Milestones and BPMN Diffing allows you to use the version history to visually compare iterations of a process diagram, enabling more iterative work and visibility. You can save a snapshot of your diagram as a milestone at any time. If you make any mistakes while modeling, you can always go back to previously saved snapshots.
Web Modeler increases user productivity by identifying all diagrams in a project that share the same process ID, and displaying them in the Related diagrams section underneath the milestones.
This release ships with a number of additional noteworthy features such as:
- BPMN Attention grabber and other canvas tools, such as minimap and zoom.
Head over to the documentation to learn about all the features and improvements that made it into this release.
Coming Soon: Token Simulation and Debugging
What about token simulation and debugging? If you’ve used the Cloud Modeler, you might be wondering where those features went. Don’t worry! We’re working on them and will roll them out in the next few weeks.
- Token simulation helps you visually check process flows by simulating events in a diagram.
- The debugging feature helps you to quickly find and solve errors in processes.
Give Web Modeler a try, and, most importantly, share your feedback.
Did we miss anything? Did you spot a bug or would you like to suggest an improvement? Reach out to us via our Cloud forums, tweet us @Camunda, or file issues you found in the Camunda Modeler issue tracker.
Stay tuned for future updates!